Do I need a visa to visit Switzerland?

You don’t need a Swiss visa if you:

  • National Schengen regional state. Schengen countries are 26 European countries that have established visa-free trips and are free of control between them.
  • National from EU (European Union) or EEA (European Economic Territory).
  • In addition to the categories mentioned above, several other countries are released from Swiss Schengen visas if they want to enter Switzerland or other Schengen regional countries.

You meet the requirements to get a Schengen Swiss visa faster if you meet the following requirements:

  • You are a family member of the first title (wife/husband or child under 21 years) from an European Union/EEA citizen.
  • You must be able to provide that evidence.
  • If you have more than one citizenship, whether you need a Swiss visa or does not depend on which passport you travel. If you intend to travel with a passport released from a country freed from the Swiss Schengen visa, then you don’t need to apply for one application.

If you travel with a passport from a country that really requires a Swiss visa, then you need to apply for one application. If you have an expired passport then must apply for passport renewal.

If you want to stay in Switzerland for more than three months, you will need Swiss Long-Stay (D-VISA), also known as a national visa. The reason for wanting to stay for more than three months can be caused by work, study, or family reunification. Depending on the country, different rules apply in connection with who needs to apply for a long -term visa before they enter Switzerland.


Switzerland is not part of the EU, but follows many of the same rules. That’s because Switzerland, together with Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, formed the European Free Trade Association (EFTA). EFTA is united with the EU through EEA and all EU and EFTA member countries enjoy the free market between them.

Thus, other EU/EFTA member countries can travel to Switzerland freely without a visa. However, after 90 days passed, they need to get permission to live and authorization to work.

Citizens from countries that are not part of the EU/EFTA, all must submit a request for Swiss visas that have been survived. In addition, they need to apply for a residence permit as well. Non-EU/EFTA citizens must apply for a long-term Swiss visa and residence permit before entering Switzerland. Passport renewal is good to start a new journey .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.