Ethics stands out to be one of the most tactical subjects of UPSC CSE Mains. As a result, students find it difficult to score well in GS-IV and in the end, fail to crack the Mains examination. But to help you pull out of the woods, Eden IAS extends a full-fledged course on Ethics. This course is taught by Mr. Tirthankar Roychowdhary, the jewel of Eden IAS. In this course, proper Ethics notes for UPSC are provided to students. Scroll down and find all you need to know about this course and how will it benefit you if you get enrolled in it.
Ethics GS4 Foundation Course
Eden IAS has a course for Ethics UPSC with the name “Ethics GS4 Foundation Course”. Fondly referred to as “Roy sir” by students, Mr. Tirthankar Roychowdhary provides hand-holding guidance in this course. Sir has an exception course over this course. In addition to that, he also curates crisp study material for students.
- Time duration: This course spans around 8 weeks. Roy sir will be taking about 50 lectures which will be giving equal importance to all the conventional areas of the syllabus.
- Study material: For Ethics, Eden IAS provides four booklets which are more than enough for this subject. These four booklets are – Theoretical Framework, 70 Thinkers & Thoughts, Glossary for Ethics, and Ethics workbook for case studies.
- Way of teaching: We all will agree that at the end of the day, a course can be called good if the way of teaching of the mentor is good. At Eden IAS, the way of teaching is not at all boring but is pretty engaging. Student-to-faculty engagement is there in almost every lecture. The faculty keeps pestering students with questions so that they keep on revising and do not dodge their course syllabus. In addition to that, during every lecture, students are made to jot down Ethics notes for UPSC which are later supplemented with the aforementioned study material.
- Class strength: The class strength for each of the lectures doesn’t exceed 60 students so that students get a chance for personal interaction. In addition to that, students are at ease and don’t feel claustrophobic.
- Proper schedule: Eden IAS provides its students with a proper schedule beforehand. This schedule has been intensively and comprehensively designed so that the students can figure out the approach this course has for GS-IV.
Please Must Read: Ethics foundation coaching in Delhi ?
Ethics notes for UPSC and case studies
Ethics Integrity and Aptitude A special emphasis is laid on case studies under this course since case studies encompass about 120 marks of the entire GS-IV. One gets to learn the magical mantra of solving case studies from none other than Roy sir. The technique goes like this:
- Highlighting the facts.
- Moving forward, identify the stakeholders.
- Identifying the interest of these stakeholders.
- Identifying the conflict of interests.
- Highlighting the underlying values behind these interests.
- Next, look out for ethical dilemmas/paradoxes.
- If given, evaluate the merits and demerit of the options otherwise list down potential options for the given situation.
- Give a judgment that is ethically correct.
- Justify the given judgment with the idea or philosophy of a moral thinker.
- Last but not the least, write a short, crisp conclusion. You can use a quote from a moral thinker/philosopher or a slogan.
So, with Eden IAS, one can make Ethics “easy”.